The Weekly Free

Final projects, papers and tests are starting, and they won’t stop hitting you over the head until after finals week. If you’re paying your friends to write your essays — come on, you know you do — then you might be short on cash. Check out these freebies to pull yourself out of the hole.

ENGLISH CLASS
TODAY
If English isn’t your first language and you don’t want to pay for classes, pay a visit to the Loma Colorado Public Library. It offers ESL and GED classes from 5:45 to 7:45 p.m. The library is at 755 Loma Colorado Drive. N.E. in Rio Rancho.

POTLUCK
WEDNESDAY
Get your Thanksgiving feasting on early with the OFFCenter Community Arts Project’s potluck. You will have to contribute something, so break out that old can of beans on the back of your shelf and add a fresh flower garnish — it will look better than a dish from Martha Stewart. OFFCenter is at 808 Park Ave. S.W., and the potluck starts at 2 p.m. Call (505) 247-1172 to coordinate before you show up.

MEDICARE
WEDNESDAY
Medicare recipients can get educated on prescription drug plans available to them. Sounds like a bundle of fun. This week’s session is at 10 a.m. at the Inn at Rio Rancho, at 1465 Rio Rancho Drive S.E.

YOGA
THURSDAY
Your body needs limbering to prepare for the turkey gorging that Thanksgiving promises. Good thing there’s yoga by donation in the morning. Then you don’t have to feel guilty when you eat to your heart’s content later. Donations go to the Roadrunner Food Bank. The class is at 9 a.m. at Wellspring Yoga at 5500 San Mateo Blvd. N.E.

ALPACA
FRIDAY
You can never go wrong with fuzzy animals, especially when they’re really big and still cute. Enter alpacas, center stage. You can see these creatures at the Albuquerque alpacas ranch at 9721 Guadalupe Trail N.W., from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

MEDITATION
SUNDAY
If you need some peace of mind after a Thanksgiving weekend of screaming family members, then you’re in luck. Community meditation starts at 10:30 at the Eckankar Center at 2501 San Pedro Drive N.E.