The Weekly Free

Are you are rapidly approaching the light at the end of the tunnel — the day when your finals are over and you can go get wasted at Brickyard to celebrate? Then to prepare yourself for the upcoming onslaught of freedom, check out this week’s freebies.

FLUTE CONCERT
TODAY
This is the ultimate relaxation event — just don’t fall asleep, or your fellow concertgoers might get offended. Flutist Horacio Franco is one of Mexico’s best classical musicians and has performed at Carnegie Hall and for England’s Queen Mother. The concert is at 7:30 p.m. in the Bank of America Theatre at the National Hispanic Cultural Center.

FRIENDS
TODAY
If you’re feeling a bit lonely, or you’re new to town, the Sandia Presbyterian Church is there for you. Have a cup of coffee and bond with other like-minded souls at 10 a.m. at 10704 Paseo del Norte Blvd. N.E.

WEB DEVELOPMENT AND PIZZA
THURSDAY
.NET web and desktop developers convene for demonstrations, discussions and presentations. I have no idea what .NET developers do, but there’s free pizza, and that’s all that matters. The event is at the New Horizons Computer Learning Center at 6700 Jefferson St. N.E. from 6:30 to 8 p.m.

ANTHROPOLOGY OPEN HOUSE
FRIDAY
If you haven’t been to the Maxwell Museum in a while, now is the time. That stuff is hard to understand, so good thing they’re giving guided tours. Plus there’s going to be refreshments and music. The event runs from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Maxwell Museum on campus.

HOLIDAY STROLL
FRIDAY
A festive walk around Old Town is never a bad thing, especially when luminarias are involved. The Old Town Holiday Stroll also features entertainers, music and twinkle lights. The event starts at 4 p.m. in Old Town Plaza.

HOLIDAY ARTS AND SPIRIT FEST
SUNDAY
Tarot readings, chair massages and artwork will be in bountiful supply — although I doubt they’re free. At least you can soak in the vibe, or convince someone to give you something for free. The event starts at 10 a.m. at The Source at 1111 Carlisle Blvd. S.E.