The Weekly Free

This week is full of free events that invite students to sharpen their skills and show off their talents. Whether you’re a trivia buff or a budding musician, there’s something here for everyone.

Ground Yourself
Monday – Friday

The Southwest landscape artworks of Zane White, Chris Pendleton and Roy Pendleton will be featured at the KiMO Theatre Gallery weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. “Ground Effect” will offer unique perspective on the local landscape.

White, Chris Pendleton and Roy Pendleton are local painters who re-imagine the landscapes through surrealism, abstractism and realism, respectively. The KiMo Theatre Gallery can be found at at 423 Central Ave. N.W. All ages.

Get your nerd on
Tuesday

Show off all the useless knowledge you’ve been squirreling away at the weekly Geeks Who Drink trivia game. Every Tuesday from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Blackbird Buvette, teams of up to six members can vie for the top spot by answering questions that cover everything from pop culture to sports to weekly news. The Blackbird Buvette is at 509 Central Ave. N.E. 21

Show off your talents
Wednesday

Come to the Broken Bottle to show off your entertaining chops. The 8 to 10 p.m. event features local performers including singers, dancers, jugglers and more. Sign up begins at 7:30 p.m. The Broken Bottle is at 9421 Coors Blvd. N.W. 21

Learn to dance
Thursday

UNM’s swing dancing club, Jitterbugs Anonymous, is offering free swing dancing lessons. The class welcomes beginners and professionals alike. Swing dancers can find the club in the Johnson Center room B-555 from 8:30 until 10:40 p.m.

Poop!
Sunday

Human poop may be nothing special to look at, but fossilized dinosaur scat is a different story. The New Mexico Museum of Natural History will be hosting scientist and researcher Adrian Hunt from noon to 4 p.m. for seminar called “On the Origin of Feces.” The museum is located at 1801 Mountain Road N.W. All Ages.

Watch ‘Breaking Bad’ with Strangers
Sunday

Hooligans is hosting a Breaking Bad party at 6:30 p.m. There will be themed food and beverages on hand and rumors of appearances of local actors. Hooligans is at 9800 Montgomery Blvd. N.E. 21