The Weekly Free

This week is filled with quite a few interesting events right on campus. That’s right, you don’t even have to drive to do fun free stuff this week.

Sing it out
Tuesday

Get your sing on in the SUB atrium. Student Activities will be hosting Homecoming Karaoke from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Open to all students.

Floaties and Film
Thursday

The homecoming committee will host a Dive-In Movie at the Johnson Center Pool. Starting at 8:30 p.m., student can watch “Finding Nemo” while lounging in the water.

Watch one of them learnin’ movies
Thursday

“Zimmerman@75: The Campus Heart” will premiere in the Zimmerman Library Waters Room at 6 p.m. The documentary takes audiences through the life and history of one of the largest campus libraries in the country.

Show off your school spirit
Friday
Come meet UNM sports teams in the SUB Atrium. Representatives from many of the teams will be at the All-Sports Pep Rally from Noon to 1 p.m. The Homecoming Court will also be announced at the event.

Boogie-down Lobo style
Friday
Put on your best duds and dance your tush off at the Howllywood Homecoming Dance. Students can bring a nonstudent date to the 8 p.m. event in the SUB Ballroom. Refreshments and a photo booth will be available.

Release your inner Trekkie
Monday
Local author Melinda Snodgrass, best known as a writer and story editor for “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” will be speaking as a part of UNM’s Writers Talk series. Snodgrass will speak from 2 to 3 p.m. in the SHAC room 21.