The Weekly Free

If you can find time between eating delicious turkey and wonderful challah bread, there’s plenty of fun events around town to get you in the mood for the holiday barrage.

Books and music under one roof
Wednesday

Bookworks will host a special Hanukkah celebration with stories and music. Local duo Rebbe’s Orkestra will perform at this family-friendly event. Bookworks is located at 4022 Rio Grande Blvd. N.W. Festivities start at 6 p.m.

A Thanksgiving feast without the family
Wednesday

The OFFCenter Community Arts Project’s will have its annual Thanksgiving Feast Potluck. The event will run from 2 to 6 p.m. Bring a dish to pass around, and eat other shared goodies to live music. OFFCenter is located at 808 Park Ave. S.W.

Dance off the holiday food
Friday

The Music Lab’s Thanksgiving Throwdown will feature eight musical acts, including local bands Red Light Cameras and Shoulder Voices. The event begins at 9:30 p.m. at the Blackbird Buvette. Blackbird is located at 509 Central Ave. N.W. 21

Only for the young at heart
Saturday

Santa Claus will be hanging out in Old Town’s Plaza Don Luis, near the giant Christmas tree. Hang out or take pictures with the jolly old man from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pictures cost. Picture prices vary. For more information visit: ToursOfOldTown.com.

Free art for all
Sunday

This Sunday is free at the Albuquerque Museum of Art and History from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Check out the museum’s large collection, featuring pieces from famous artists such as Georgia O’Keefe and incredibly talented living local artists. The museum is located at 2000 Mountain Road N.W.