The Weekly Free

This week’s sweetest free events seem to be limited to Wednesday and Thursday. That’s OK, though — they’re still pretty cool. Students with incredible time-management skills could even make it to all three events on Wednesday!

Wednesday

Swingin’ it
Learn to spin, rock and jive at SOS-Hope’s swing dance class. The hour-long 4 p.m. session will introduce the basics of swing, taught by a professional dance instructor. While the lesson is free, space is limited and participants are encouraged to register in advance by calling 620-4413. Lessons will be taught at 4545 McLeod Road NE, suite E. All ages.

Feminism around the world
In honor of Women’s History Month, the UNM history department will screen “Audre Lorde: The Berlin Years, 1984-1992.” Students interested in watching the two-hour documentary about feminist activist Lorde can head over to Dane Smith Hall around 5 p.m. All ages.

Local film shorts
Check out the winners of the 2013 48-Hour Film Project in Mitchell Hall. The hour-and-a-half screening will include a panel discussion with the winning Albuquerque filmmakers. Show starts at 7 p.m. All ages.

Thursday

Lobo howl
The men’s basketball team will take on the winners of the Air Force vs Fresno State game for the MWC tournament quarterfinals. The game itself may be miles away, but student can still cheer on the men’s team during the watch party in the SUB atrium. Game begins at 7 p.m. All ages.