A UNM truck with two flat tires sits parked west of Marron Hall on Sunday afternoon.

Campus cars out of service

In a statement, UNMPD said that 57 service vehicles across campus were vandalized in what may be a Halloween prank. No damage was found aside from the air let out of the tires, and only UNM service vehicles were targeted.

“Detectives will be looking into it throughout the week,” said UNMPD Lt. Tim Stump. “We will be looking for possible suspects and a correlation to any other crimes.”

The tires do not appear to be slashed, and it is not clear how or why the perpetrator would simply let out the air without causing any serious damage.

There are currently no suspects or known motives for what seems to be a non-malicious crime, according to a statement. This does not seem to be linked to any other crimes, and UNM does not have a history of Halloween pranks.

Detectives will be checking campus cameras and suspect information as well patrolling areas where service vehicles are parked.

“We will be reviewing the cameras on campus,” Stump said.

When asked whether the acts caused any delays to work being done on campus, UNMPD did not comment. UNMPD asks that anyone with information to contact the department at (505) 277-2241 or police.unm.edu.

Erika Eddy is a freelance reporter at the Daily Lobo. She can be contacted at news@dailylobo.com , or on Twitter @erika_eddy.