Senior middle blocker Skye Gullatt leaps up for a kill against CSU at Johnson Center Nov. 7. Gullatt received Mountain West Defensive Player of the Week for her performance against Air Force. 

Volleyball: Gullatt selected as defensive player of the week/All-Mountain West

Tying a program record is going to turn some heads for anyone, but the way Skye Gullatt ended her career as a Lobo received conference attention.

For the week of Nov. 24-28, Gullatt received Mountain West Defensive Player of the Week honors for her performance against Air Force in the final game of the 2015 campaign. Gullatt put together nine blocking assists, a solo block, and a dig in the final game of her collegiate career.

Her blocking totals were enough to match Chelsea Sondrup (2002-2005) for the most blocks in UNM history with 465. The nine assists were the most by any player on the Lobos since Sept. 20, 2014 where Gullatt recorded 10, her previous career-high.

The senior middle blocker's last game also included 12 kills, tying a career-high on her way to a double-double.

Gullatt followed in the footsteps of setter Hannah Johnson, who received all-conference honors as offensive player of the week. It is the third consecutive week the Lobos have recorded two or more players receiving player of the week accolades.

Four Lobos named All-Mountain West 

Along with Gullatt's first player of the week recognition, she was awarded her first all-conference accolade. Johnson was also named to the Mountain West roster for her 1,144 assists, 310 digs and 72 blocks over the course of the 2015 season.

Middle Simone Henderson and Cassie House were both named to the all-conference list as honorable mentions. Henderson's placement on the All-Mountain West roster was the third by a Lobo senior, naming all UNM seniors to the roster.

It is the second year in a row House has received conference recognition, the third for Johnson, and first time bids for Gullatt and Henderson.

Liam Cary-Eaves is the sports editor for the Daily Lobo. He can be reached at assistantsports@dailylobo.com or on twitter @Liam_CE.