As festival season peeks over the horizon and concerts start rolling into town with Albuquerque being a destination for many musicians. Last year we had a variety of acts visit the Duke City including, TDE front runners Kendrick Lamar and SZA, Japanese Breakfast, Beach House, Cuco, Mr. Carmack and Playboi Carti. 2019 is off to the same start with Vince Staples, Hippo Campus, Washed Out and Still Woozy displaying their talents to their northern New Mexico fans. In the middle of the second month of the year, the talent doesn’t look to be letting up any time soon. 

Sunshine Theater

Coming up this Saturday, Fatimah Nyeema Warner, more popularly known as Noname, will grace the stage at Sunshine theater. Tickets to hear the Chicago-native’s airy, melodic rapping costs $25 for general admission. The show starts at 7 p.m.

After securing both a spot on the Billboard 100 chart, and a Cardi B feature on her “Thotiana Remix,” Blueface is bringing his off-kilter sound to Albuquerque. Next Tuesday, Feb. 26, the rapidly-rising rapper will meet and greet with fans, and perform for the first time in Albuquerque. Tickets to the show start at $22.50, and creep up to $60 for the meet and greet package.

A list covering all of Sunshine Theater upcoming shows can be found here.

Launchpad

Smino’s unparalleled sound will flow through the speakers at Launchpad on April 23. On his Hoopti tour, the Missouri artist is set to bring Earthgang and Phoelix to foreshadow his idyllic sound. Smino plans to meet his fans that fork out $92 for a VIP ticket, and perform for his fans that purchased a general admission ticket for $27. 

An unusual Monday night show, Lil Peep collaborator and Gothboiclique affiliate, Lil Tracy will mesh his rap, emo and maybe even country sounds together on his Goth Cowboy tour making a stop at  Launchpad’s stage on March 25. The show starting 8 p.m. will open with Lil Raven and Buku Bands and range from $15 to $50.

A list covering all of Launchpad’s upcoming shows can be found here.

Meow Wolf

Pro Tip: Other than the unique acts that leave their mark on Meow Wolf’s stage, there is just something special about attending a show at the interactive installation. Typically before each show the entrity of Meow Wolf is up for exploration. A ticket to the concert of your choosing grants you access to all the magic the venue has to offer. The venue also offers a treat for their guests 21-years-of-age and older, their creative concoctions are not something to pass up on.

Banes World’s drowsy sound will relax Meow Wolf’s stimulating atmosphere, bringing his emotion-full, sweet songs to the projector speckled stage. Preceding the main act, Jerry Paper, Tyler, The Creator’s “Hot Chocolate,” featured artist, will appear with the same magnetism. The show is on March 10 and starts at 7 p.m., tickets start at $16. 

On March 24, Her’s, in conjunction with the Undercover Dream Lovers, will put their spin on the popular venue. The band’s feel good tunes will start shortly after the Undercover Dream Lovers take the stage at 7 p.m. Tickets to see the indie rock duo are $15, but bump up to $18 the day of the show.

A list covering all of Meow Wolf’s upcoming shows can be found here.

Shayla Cunico is the culture and music editor for the Daily Lobo. She can be contacted at culture@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @ShaylaCunico.