Freshman midfielder Francesco Casucci pauses to pass the ball at the UNM Soccer Complex Sunday, Oct. 18, 2015. Casucci won the Lobos seventh C-USA player of the week award. 

Men's soccer: Casucci nets Lobos' seventh weekly C-USA award

Another Lobo men's soccer player earned Conference USA Player of the Week honors: this time it's Francesco Casucci.

The New Mexico freshman midfielder recorded two goals and an assist during Sunday's 3-2 come-from-behind victory over Alabama-Birmingham, propelling UNM to its first conference victory of the season. Casucci's goals came 10 minutes apart to overcome a 2-0 deficit. He also chipped in an assist on forward Sam Gleadle's go-ahead goal in the 72nd minute.

Casucci grabbed UNM's seventh C-USA weekly honor this season and the fourth offensive award, joining midfielder Chris Wehan (Sept. 8 and Sept. 14) and forward Niko Hansen (Sept. 21). The Lobos also have weekly defensive honorees in goalkeeper Jason Beaulieu (Aug. 31 and Sept. 14) and Rochowski (Sept. 21)

Kentucky defender Jordan Wilson was the conference's defensive player of the week.

J.R. Oppenheim is the managing editor for the Daily Lobo. Contact him at managingeditor@dailylobo.com or on Twitter @JROppenheim.